The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Thursday 16 November 2017

(There Goes) The Forgotten Man

Hooray! The new issue of Doctor Who Magazine has a thing by me in it! They’ve given me my own page!

The idea behind it (for which I cannot take credit) is to do blogs/diary entries/interviews with overlooked characters from Doctor Who. The guard who is knocked out, the bystander who says “They went that way”. They might be villains or monsters, or just a tramp who cycles into a ditch in surprise.


Basically, it’s doing the same sort of thing I did for the Daleks, the Cybermen and the Master in previous issues, which all proved fairly popular.

I hope people enjoy it. If they do, I’m happy to keep writing them. Of course, given that it is replacing a long-running feature which was curtailed prematurely (nothing to do with me and I’m not going to talk about it) I know that some people may come to it with their arms folded and an air of “What the hell is this, then? Is this trying to be funny?” I completely understand and appreciate that. I can only ask that people bear with it for a few months, because everything needs a little time to get into its groove. And it is only one page!