The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Sunday 7 August 2011

I Read You Like An Open Book


A couple more plugs for things I’ve written, because that is why I am here and why you are reading this fascinating blog.

Thing one is that the audiobook of my Doctor Who novel Touched By An Angel has now been released on download, available directly from AudioGO. I have no idea whether or not it will ever be released on physical CD, so you might as well download it now rather than wait. I was lucky enough to attend part of the recording so I can assure you Clare Corbett’s reading is absolutely excellent. The emotion of the story was all there, heartfelt but beautifully understated. Hearing it, I felt the occasional lump in the throat.

Plus, as an exciting bonus, the audiobook corrects a few typos in the original novel (what do you mean, ‘a few?’) and corrects two very insignificant continuity errors, one which wasn’t my fault regarding the name of a Chinese restaurant, and one which was entirely my fault but which fortunately nobody has noticed so I’m not going to say what it is. I’d have to be a complete idiot even to mention that it was there in the first place.

I would say rush out and buy it, but with downloads you can buy it without so much as having to elevate a buttock from the comfort of your computer chair.

And the second thing I have to plug is the latest issue of Doctor Who Magazine, which features the third and final part of the story Apotheosis, with wonderful artwork by Dan McDaid beautifully coloured by James Offredi. But is it really the end of the story? Or is it merely the beginning of something bigger? Well, it’s clearly the latter, as it leads into my spectacular four-part ‘season finale’, The Child Of Time, which begins in Doctor Who Magazine later this month. I’ve seen some of the artwork, by Martin Geraghty, and it would be no exaggeration to describe it as Earth-shatteringly fantastic.