The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Monday 13 July 2009

I Forgot To Remember To Forget

Oh dear. I seem to have missed a day on my daily blog. I shall have to post twice today to make up. I think what happened was that I posted my thoughts on Torchwood late Friday night, and when it came to post my Saturday blog, I thought I’d already done one. You see, I don’t pay the slightest bit of attention to this blog either.

Maybe I’ve been distracted. After spending three weeks writing two hours of a thing I can’t talk about, and naughtily taking three days off in the middle of it to write a kid’s drama script for a BBC competition, and rewriting my sketch for The Works evening, I’ve written rather a research-heavy article and now, after re-writes to the thing I can’t talk about, the plan is to spend any spare time in the rest of the month writing a new sitcom script, or sorting out my film idea.

I have a list of things to blog about which I haven’t got around to. My thoughts on recent telly – loving Krod Mandoon, Mock The Week and Mitchell & Webb, despairing quietly at Psychoville, Getting On, Mumbai Calling and Taking The Flak. Or my thoughts on the frequency of fried chicken outlets as an economic indicator for the physical and intellectual well-being of a neighbourhood (I can understand one fried chicken outlet, but two next to each other?) Or my thoughts on watching Star Trek and The Wrath Of Khan, and the odd, melancholic feeling you get watching a movie you know better from the 3-D Viewmaster slideshow. Or more pop lists; top ten songs that sound slighty like The Beatles' ‘Tomorrow Never Knows’, that sort of thing. Or a slideshow of my walk along the Thames Path.

The fun never starts!