The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Tuesday 23 June 2009

Great Things

List time again. This might be an ongoing thing, I like making lists. It’s not because I’m autistic, I just like being organised. And today’s list game is:

Top Ten Greatest hits that are not on the Greatest hits

The rules are like me – simple but pedantic. You can choose any songs an artist has released except for singles or tracks included on their Greatest Hits. And you can’t choose a-sides but aa-sides of double a-sides are permitted.

Suede:

My Insatiable One
Heroine
Still Life
Killing Of A Flash Boy
Together
She
Another No-One
The Sound Of The Streets
Beautiful Loser
Golden Gun


Erasure:

Leave Me To Bleed
Weight Of The World
Knocking On Your Door
Dreamlike State
2000 Miles
Looking Glass Sea
Home
Let It Flow
Grace
How Can I Say


Oasis:

Up In The Sky
Married With Children
Take Me Away
D’Yer Wanna Be A Spaceman?
Fade Away
She’s Electric
Morning Glory
Cum On Feel The Noize
Don’t Go Away
Stay Young


Blur:

Star Shaped
Never Clever
Young & Lovely
Jubilee
Magpie
Theme From An Imaginary Film
Best Days
It Could Be You
Yuko & Hiro
Ultranol


The Beautiful South:

Oh Blackpool
Woman In The Wall
I Think The Answer’s Yes
Domino Man
His Time Ran Out
Hold On To What?
The Slide
Just Checkin’
Let Go With The Flow
I’m Stone In Love With You


Robbie Williams:

Life Thru A Lens
Teenage Millionaire
Phoenix From The Flames
Karma Killer
Better Man
Karaoke Star
United
Man For All Seasons
Sin Sin Sin
Viva Life On Mars


ABBA:

Rock Me
When I Kissed The Teacher
My Love, My Life
Tiger
As Good As New
Kisses Of Fire
Happy New Year
I Let The Music Speak
Slipping Through My Fingers
You Owe Me One