The random witterings of Jonathan Morris, writer.

Monday 2 February 2009

Word Up!

This blog’s been going for about a month, so I’m thinking it might be time to start actually telling people about it. After all, I’m not writing this for me. I’m writing this for... no, I am writing this for me. (ROCK STAR) And hey, if anyone else likes it, that’s just a bonus (/ROCK STAR).

It’s been fun. I’ve kept it up. In fact, I’ve ‘banked’ about two weeks of future blogs, just in case the day comes when I can’t think of something to witter on about. I’ve even made a list of another month’s worth of subject matters upon which I feel I have some burning wisdom to impart. So it looks like I’ll be doing this for a while yet.

As a preview – coming up – more reviews, more heroes, more obsessions, my thoughts on the evils of computer games, whether Christians were ever fed to lions, whether Charles Dickens would have written for soap operas, my enemies, and... ducks. I also do requests, so if there’s anything you want me to witter on about, please scissor out the appropriate letters from the newspaper of your choice, Pritt-stick them to a sheet of A4, attach with an elastic band to a convenient rock or house brick and hurl in my general direction.

What I do need help with, though, is getting the word out. I’m loathe to toot my own trumpet – only one percent of men can do that successfully – but any other suggestions are welcome as I am quite profoundly lacking in initiative. If you’ve enjoyed something I’ve written, tell your friends. Link to me. Spread the joy like flaming beacons upon a mountaintop. You have my permission.

I guess what I’m saying is that it’s not a secret any more. I’m going public.